In our free half day workshops at our Gloucestershire HQ on the 4th of July and the London offices of the British Computer Society (BCS) on the 5th of July, we’ll be presenting how to efficiently document and keep track of IT infrastructure.
Many organisations would like more complete and accurate IT systems documentation, but cannot find a way around their current methods such as multiple isolated spreadsheets and diagrams.
The solution could be as simple as adopting standard naming conventions, linking Visio diagrams to Excel, or maybe integrating data sources to remove duplication.
Our case studies and examples will cover:
- Easily document network connectivity, including patching and cabling
- Maintaining WAN/LAN/SAN diagrams across multiple locations
- Integrating auto-discovery, monitoring and other data sources into a common system
- How CMDB data can be re-used to create Visio service and dependency diagrams
- Automated updates of inventory, asset and connectivity spreadsheets
- Application dependencies and change risks in virtualised infrastructures
- Updating design, project and operational documents in one go
- Efficient ways to capture data covering inventory, applications, ITIL services
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions.